We are looking for a qualified Coder to join our team as Coding Manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing the coding that is performed by inpatient and outpatient coders for various hospital clients around the U.S. Our culture is a fast paced entrepreneurial environment requiring an individual with flexible skills and approach. This person will be responsible for client interfacing on behalf of the coding team, provides exceptional customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining client relationships. Needs to be able work effectively with coders across multiple time zones. Ensures that coders are meeting and/or exceeding client contractual expectations in terms of performance and quality.
- 2+ years working as an Inpatient or Outpatient Coder in an acute care facility, trauma center or teaching facility
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and clients
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
- CPC certification (AHIMA, AAPC)
- ICD-10 Certified
- Ability to perform preliminary and routine audits on coding staff
- Develops client-specific procedures document for each client based on their policies and procedures
- Knowledge of ICD-9 / ICD-10 CM coding principles and applications as they relate to acute care hospital coding, clinic coding, and grouping, etc.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and AAPC
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other technologies (3M)
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding
- Completes work assignments independently
- Participates in orientation training activities and review materials for clients
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite
Salary commensurate with experience.
Employment Type: Full-Time
About AVEC Health:
AVEC enables our healthcare clients to thrive and grow by delivering large system revenue management solutions at industry beating rates. We empower our healthcare partners to prosper and focus on patient care by delivering world-class financial results via the most nimble infrastructure available today. AVEC is a fast growing outsourcing organization providing critical solutions to hospitals and healthcare clients enabling them to remain profitable in today’s ever changing healthcare environment. To apply for the medical coding auditor, please send a a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.